Tuesday 24 April 2012

Stephen Hawking's The Grand Design, Chapter 2 - Superstition to Science (Audiobook)

Let me know if you folks enjoy this. This was such an inspirational chapter I just had to do this. It covers so much in such a smooth manner, it was unbelievable how comprehensive it was to me. I will try to complete the chapter soon so this is probably a part 1 of 2 (unless I just can't find the time, which is somewhat foreseeable for the next month or so). If it just puts you to sleep or is uninteresting, definitely let me know. It took a hell of a lot of time to do this so if people aren't interested, I'm not doing part 2 :) It's an interesting concept I thought; to do some visuals to really interesting audiobook clips... I don't think I've seen that done before..? As the title says, this is from The Grand Design by Stephen Hawking and Leonard Mlodinow. This is from the audio book, which is being read by Steve West. Chapter 2 is actually named The Rule of Law. It's essentially describing how we even discovered there were laws to be understood at all.. how we figured out we could finally add some sort of order to life, which, to the ancients, was just inexplicably chaotic without invoking the concept of gods to explain every day events. It also indirectly illustrates how the preponderance of superstition, religion and other myths have continually stifled science -- sometimes for thousands of years at a time. Imagine where we could be? It makes me sick to think about that :( I really hope I don't encounter copyright problems because this is an entirely educational, non ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment