Monday 1 August 2011

The Last Olympian by Rick Riordan - Book Review

The Last Olympian by Rick Riordan is the fifth and last book in the Olympian series with Percy Jackson. The book promises a riveting twist and some exciting new additions to the story. The Last Olympian is a sequel to The Battle of the Labyrinth, so avid readers of the series will have a lot of fun revisiting the characters and picking up where the story left off.

According to reviews, the book is fairly anticipated by avid readers and those who have just been introduced to Rick Riordan's kind of writing. The Last Olympian is a combination of some exciting Greek mythology gods, with the modern-day action-packed adventure and twists. It blends the past and the present, and Riordan's ability to do so is what makes readers follow the Olympian series religiously.

I was told by a friend who was a fan of Rick Riordan that he got addicted to his books because Riordan is able to present something new to the readers every time they read a new book. The same style and writing remains, but there is always a new twist, a new character, a surprising new plot that always get the readers to be astonished and hooked with the book they're reading. I asked my friend whether I would be hooked if I started reading Riordan's books. Knowing that I have high standards when it comes to writers, especially those who are brave enough to incorporate Greek mythology in their plots, my friend confidently answered yes.

So in the official release of The Last Olympian a few days from now, I promised to order one for myself and see if all the fuss is worth, well, all the fuss. I am also planning the first four books in the series by Rick Riordan to be able to follow the story. 




For more information, check other The Last Olympian by Rick Riordan book reviews.

Erika Ayala works part time for a consumer review company.

0 comments:

Post a Comment